Today I had an open afternoon and a family recipe that I hadn’t ever tried, so I decided to test it and share the recipe with you! I made sweet biscuits – not quite biscuits, not quite cookies, but totally yummy. 😋 They’re great for breakfast or brunch and are super easy to make. Plus, the recipe only calls for 7 ingredients. Scroll to the end of the post to see the video tutorial of this recipe. Let me know what you think of these yummy sweet biscuits in the comments!
Note: this post contains affiliate links. If you buy a product through the link, I get a small commission. But any products I recommend are products I use and trust and are products I would recommend to you anyway. You don’t have to use the link if you don’t want to. ❤️
- 4 Cups – Flour
- 1 Cup – Granulated Sugar
- 4 TSP – Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup – Butter (one stick) melted
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup – Milk
- Pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and melted butter together in a bowl using your fingers.
- Mix in the eggs and milk. Add more milk if the dough is too dry.
- Use a spoon or cookie scoop (find mine here – I love this thing) to measure out the dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Roll each scoop into a ball and then flatten it with your fingers.
- (optional) Place a pecan onto each biscuit.
- Bake in the oven for about 13 minutes.
- Set on a plate or baking rack to cool and enjoy!
- Do NOT bake until golden brown unless you want a hard shell. My first batch were golden brown and the pecans were too toasty. The bottom of the biscuits should be golden when you flip them over, but the tops should not.
- Get creative with the topping! You don’t have to use pecans. Try raisins or even chocolate chips and let me know how it goes!