Raise your hand if you are tired of being stuck at home.
Raise your hand if you are bored, miss your friends, and are feeling entirely worn out with this quarantine.
I’m guessing you can relate to at least one of those feelings. Our time in quarantine might have started out as an exciting one, but while we understand the importance of social distancing, many of us need something new and productive to work on. Welcome to the COVID-19 Spring Challenge!
This challenge is a fun way to stay productive during quarantine. We’ll be doing lots of activities and have some friendly competition while we’re at it. Sometimes writing down your ideas is all it takes to escape boredom. I’m going to provide you with a list of fun activities and then leave room for you to add your own ideas! For every activity you complete, you can color in one symbol. The person who completed the most activities wins the contest and this prize! (The prize is only available to people in U.S.A., but everyone is welcome to participate for fun!)
A beautiful, handwoven seed-bead bracelet and my services to do one guest post on your blog (If you have one:) If you don’t, maybe we can figure something else out.)
How to Join
- Print out an activity tracker here (“CONTROL P”, or make your own!). You can print as many as you need.
- Fill out this super quick form to officially join the contest and stay up to date!
How to Participate
- Browse the activity list below and pick a couple to begin.
- For each activity, color in one symbol on your tracker.
- Take pictures of some of your activities. Let’s do this together! You can either use Instagram and tag it #COVID19SPRINGCHALLENGE or send your pictures to email@example.com. (P.S. I’m going to have to learn how Instagram works, so if there is a picture you really want me to see, the best way to reach me is by email.) I will be selecting some of them to post here on my blog! Think of this as a sort of verification to keep everyone honest and a way to encourage us to have fun TOGETHER! 😊
- Don’t forget to tell your friends and share your ideas!
- Only honoring, uplifting, and kind comments, pictures, and submissions. NO rude or blasphemous language.
- Honesty is the ONLY way. Only color in a symbol of you have done an activity!❤
- Added activities can only be unusual or creative, but not a chore or regular work. (E.g.putting on your socks WON’T count! 😂). If you have a question about this, feel free to ask!
- Only U.S.A. addresses for the prize. You can compete to get points and be announced the winner, but the prize is only available for the U.S.. Sorry, shipping overseas costs a lot of $$!!
- Violation of rules will DQ you from the contest, so play fair!
- Only activities done between March 23rd 2020 and April 6th 2020 are acceptable.
Don’t be overwhelmed. Start with one or two, and go from there.
- Write a short story (3-10 p.g., check out some prompts here.)
- Write a one-paragraph story based on ONE emotion.
- Draw a portrait. (I love this one!)
- Copy a famous painting or drawing. (Like this.)
- Hand letter your favorite quote.
- Take a Bluprint class. (Now offering a FREE 14-day trial because of COVID-19.)
- Sew a pillowcase.
- Reorganize/redecorate your room.
- Make a friendship bracelet.
- Make your own earrings. (Like this!)
- Start a creative business.
- Start a blog/YouTube channel.
- Upcycle old clothes.
- Crochet hats for your local pregnancy center. (To donate after the quarantine.)
- Make up a new song on your musical instrument.
- Make a stop motion video.
- Outdoor/Indoor photoshoot.
- Plant flowers!
- Vacuum your house. (Surprise your mom!)
- Gather old toys/clothes to donate to a local charity.
- Commit to praying for one person every day for a month.
- Gather food to donate to a food bank.
- Watch your siblings. (And proactively PLAY with them!)
- Write a letter to a lonely elderly person or widow.
- Make masks for hospitals. (Read more here.)
- Start writing to a friend and become penpals!
- FaceTime with a friend.
- Go for a run. (Need some help? Read this and this from my blog!)
- Go for a family bike ride!
- Indoor workouts.
- Memorize a chapter of the Bible.
- Memorize 5 verses from the Bible. (Don’t have to be 5 verses from the same chapter.😉)
- Read through Proverbs.
- Read that devotional. (You know the one… it’s been sitting on your bookshelf for a while and you’ve always wanted the opportunity to read it.😂)
- Write your own praise song to God.
- Listen to “Frozen Fire” for FREE (TRUE STORY!).
- Read Do Hard Things.
- Read a book by Jane Austen.
- Read a classic.
- Share this challenge on your blog!
- Join a book review program. (I do Moody and Crossway.)
- Make a hair or craft tutorial.
- Bake (check out some of my favorite recipes here.)
- Make dinner for the fam.
YOUR IDEA HERE: ( Feel free to comment and let me know!)
Stay on the lookout for special email updates! Make sure you’re on my email list (click on the flower photo.) to get all the updates!
I can’t wait to get started and see how you all complete the challenge! Remember to have fun and help others!