I’m really excited about posting this today! I think this is the perfect way that you can all get to know me better. I’ve been reaching out to other bloggers lately, and I’m finally getting connected with other like-minded teen bloggers! Along with this excitement, I was nominated for the “Share Your Passion Award”. At first, I wasn’t sure what the award was, so I looked it up. I found out that it is an award that bloggers “give” each other when they find a blog that shares in their interests or passions. I was tagged by Elizabeth Sond. She has a beautiful blog over at An Attic Full of Paper (super creative name:) Thank you for the tag, Elizabeth!
- Repost the #ShareYourPassion logo on your acceptance post (above).
- Tag the blogger’s site that nominated you (above).
- Share a bit about your passion(s): Hobbies outside of blogging that keep you busy in your free time. What would you like to accomplish with these things? How could you use your passion(s) to be a blessing to others and show them the love of God?
- Nominate ten other bloggers and spread the joy!
Now for rule three!
Hobbies/Passions Outside Blogging & What I Want to Accomplish
- My Faith. The more I get to know my Creator and get perspective on life, my passion grows for God. It is truly amazing to see what God is doing in my own life and in the lives of others. He is continually teaching me and prompting me, and I am extremely grateful for it.
- Competitive Swimming. Most of you probably don’t know this about me! I have swam competitively in the summers for 4 years now. I really love it! In fact, I’m trying to decide between cross country and competitive swimming for high school sports; it’s a difficult decision because I love both!
- Running. You knew this was coming! I have been running competitively for a year now, and I have come to really enjoy it. It’s practical, social, and healthy, and it has helped me make friends after my move! You can hear more about my competitive running here, here, and here! With both swimming and running, I want to develop healthy habits and learn perseverance.
- Little Kiddos! With three younger siblings, I’ve had plenty of experience with babysitting, and I’m finally getting to look after other little ones. I absolutely love it. Through this practice I can prepare for possibly having kiddos of my own someday!
- Baking. I’ve posted before about baking, so you may know about this. I’ll have bursts of “baking fever”, and I’ll bake a lot (especially sweets)! My family always likes it when that happens…😊 Through this hobby, I want to polish my baking skills and acquire the ability to cook a good meal!
- Crafts and a bit of photography! Ever since I was little, my grandmother helped me learn knitting, sewing, and numerous other creative crafts. If you want to see some of my small photography endeavors, check this out. Through these hobbies, I hope to possibly start a small business and continue using the creativity God has given me:)
How My Passions Can Be Used For Good
Through running and swimming, I can get healthy so that I can serve others without easily running out of energy. I recently experienced this when helping with tornado clean up. Because of the sports I play, I was able to work for a long time, be helpful, and not get tired.
With babysitting, I can help a stressed young mom. Through baking and cooking, I can bring a meal to a hurting family. Through crafts and photography, I can raise money for the needy or make a gift for someone who needs to be cheered up.
Share the Joy!!
Now for my own nominations! I couldn’t get exactly ten, but I tried to get as many as possible. Ya’ll, these blogs are worth checking out!
Thanks for reading! If you haven’t already, follow me to see more posts and updates. I will also be creating an EXCLUSIVE email list soon, so be on the lookout for that!