Yum, yum!!! Does banana bread sound good to you right now? Do your bananas rot because nobody eats them? Well, I have the recipe for all of you! First, let’s get our ingredients out!
- 1/2 C. butter
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 very ripe banana (2 for extra moistness)
- 1 Tsp. baking soda dissolved in 2 TBS. warm water
- 1 Tsp. salt
- 2 C. flour
- 1 bag of chocolate chips!!! (We like to have a lot of chocolate chips in our banana bread. Lower the number of chocolate chips if desired.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Next, mash the banana(s)
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients except for the chocolate well. Then fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Prepare a (I used 2) pan by spreading shortening (remembering the sides and corners too!) and covering with flour. Then put the batter in and put in the oven for 30 minutes. Yum!
P.S. If you are not eating it immediately, you can wrap in tin foil.
What did you think? Do you have a special banana bread recipe? Or any other family recipe that you love? I would love to hear from you! Just click on the speech bubble above and post a comment!
By the way, if you have not taken my advice survey yet, you can find it here.