There are different types of french knitters that you can find in stores. They are also known as spool knitters.
The french knitter makes a beautiful, but simple knitted cord that can be used in a variety of ways. You can use it as jewelry (bracelet, necklace), accessories for a hat, or sew the cord to make a coaster or even animal shapes.
Let the knitting begin!
- Put your yarn through the knitter.
- Then wrap the yarn around each of the pegs once.
- Next, take the yarn and put it outside the pegs and wrap it all the way around once.
- Take the bottom stitch and pull it over the top yarn.
- Do the same thing all the way around the knitter.
Repeat steps 2-5 until you reach desired length.Casting off:
- Take one of your stitches and put it on top of the stitch to the right.
- Then pull the bottom stitch over the top stitch.
- Repeat until you are left with one more stitch, then hold that stitch and pull the knitted cord out of the french knitter.
Cut the yarn that is attached to the ball and stick the end of it through that last stitch and pull tight.
Take what you made and try to create something with it! I hope that in the future I will be able to show you what you can make with this wonderful knitted cord. Have fun!
Follow Joyfulcreations on WordPress.com